The Adult-Use Dispensary Operating Plan is 23 pages in length and includes a wealth of information essential to running a successful dispensary operation. The Adult-Use Dispensary Operating Plan demonstrates how your team plans to create detailed daily operations according to the Applicant’s strategic plan. Our team of professional writers, steeped in regulatory experience, has created this template for your business. Interspersed throughout the template are “Pro-Tips”; these contain our advice, which is designed to help you include personalized information to strengthen your application and make it highly competitive.
Canna Business Services has helped clients be awarded licenses in some of the most competitive markets in the United States.
We highly suggest including state-specific requirements, regulatory references and citations, and any other items that you might need to stand out. However, we believe this template is one that will help you advance in your cannabis journey. Be sure to check out our other templates for use in the completion of your remaining application sections. We recommend a ten (10) hour package of consulting hours to help you meet your state’s regulatory requirements for this section. Contact us at 888.453.0555 or firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a consultation.
This template is customizable and has descriptions and suggestions for all categories. An outline of the Adult-Use Dispensary Operating Plan is included below:
- Applicant’s Philosophy of Providing a Detailed Operating Plan
- Applicant’s Objectives in Creating an Operating Plan
- General Facility Operations
- Hours of Operation
- Security of Facility
- Integration Within the Community
- Wages and Benefits
- Maintaining Regulatory Compliance
- Operations of the Dispensary: Perspective of the Customer
- Arrival at the Facility
- Entrance into the Facility
- Sales Floor
- Exiting the Facility
- Operations of the Dispensary: Perspective of Applicant
- Store Opening Procedures
- Delivery and Storage of Cannabis Products
- Inventory Management
- Returns and Recalls
- Managing Suspected Theft, Diversion, or Looping
- Closing Procedures